The beauty of our work in commercial and brand photography is that I don’t always get to see my work (…or share it for that matter) until it is released!
When working with a corporate client our work begins shortly after the contract signing. From scouting the perfect location to deciding on props and clothing which compliments each brand’s unique feel.
Sometimes our job involves finding the perfect plate or napkin and other times it’s shopping for the best, unbruised bananas.
Working with SmoothieBox is something we really enjoy for several reasons. Of course, any day that includes a smoothie is one that I look forward to. But, it was extra fun because we got to combine our love for fun models, food photography, and food styling all into one shoot.
SmoothieBox is an organic subscription service that delivers smoothie bases straight to your door which can be customized with your favorite mix-ins.
Day one, we worked to highlight the brand’s diverse clients with a lifestyle shoot with over ten models. Then, we worked the next day on flat lay and product images. I’ve loved keeping up with @smoothiebox on Instagram and seeing our images being used. We look forward to working with SmoothieBox a lot this year. .
As always, all of us at Amy Lyn Photography had a great time sharing our behind the scenes during this shoot at @HelloAmyLyn which included the chaos that you normally never get to see.
I cannot wait to share our next adventure next week!
Two years ago after my third child was born I found myself working both weekdays and weekends and just feeling like I wasn’t myself. This led me to really reflect on how I might still pursue my passion for photography while still honoring my family and the few short years we have with these precious kiddos while they are still home.
I have always had a very strong belief that every business (big and small) should have access to amazing photography. It has been my privilege as of late to be able to provide this level of photography for many wonderful businesses.
It has been such a joy to work alongside so many lovely couples as their wedding photographer, however, I knew that I needed to reevaluate the percentage of my photography that would include wedding photography moving forward.
Over the last year, I have had the opportunity to work with several international corporations including one of my most recent clients, SmoothieBox. And, the more I have been able to shoot for these companies, the more I am loving the commercial photography world. Hello Stock will allow me to continue to provide elevated photography for small businesses.
Due to this shift, I am now able to provide great imagery for both small and big businesses. Making time for a small number of weddings and portraits each year will allow me to still be available for your milestone moments.
If it weren’t for my wonderful clients over the last 14 years I wouldn’t be in this position to truly pursue my passions both at home and in business. Your weddings, family portraits and everything in between have allowed me to perfect my craft. You can expect the same level of exceptional photography you have come to expect from Amy Lyn Photography and Hello Stock!
Being a part of your memories is something I am grateful for. A limited number of senior and portrait sessions will be available to book in the future.
So friends, What is something you believe in? What does pursuing your passions look like to you? I would love to hear all about it!
One of my favorite things in the world is a brand new planner. The crisp pages that seem to hold so much possibility. The new cover that hasn’t been bent or stained by coffee (yet!). Even the smell. To me, it carries the same feeling as freshly washed sheets, a new pair of boots, and the start of a new year.
Call me strange, but every January, my favorite part of the New Year is the resolutions. I love getting a fresh start. I love the time that I spend with my planner and filling in all the boxes and what they represent.
Looking back on 2018
I am excited about what 2019 will hold. 2018 wasn’t a piece of cake but I am happy of some of the goals I set and what they allowed me to achieve. 2018 was the year of social media for me. I had fought committing to it for so long and realized that I was making a mistake. A big one.
Through posting regularly on social media here are some things I’ve been able to do for my business that were a struggle before:
- Filled mini sessions and classes easily.
- Booked more of the types of sessions I enjoy and less of the ones I don’t.
- Attract large clients that I wouldn’t have dreamed of hiring me a few years ago.
- Allowed me to meet and interact with thousands of people all over the world that I would have never known otherwise–seriously, that’s amazing.
Goals for 2019
- Step up social media even more. I’ve been very consistent on Instagram but I’d like to post even more in Facebook and really work on Pinterest as well.
- Make Hello Stock the most helpful resource for women in business. I have big plans of ways to support all the #girlbosses–just like me.
- Blog regularly – once a week with helpful info for Hello Stock and once a week for my photography clients.
- Collaborate with other women in business and bring value to everyone.
- Host several challenges where we all work on different social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Linked-In) and learn together.
Have you thought about your business goals for the year yet? If you haven’t already, I’d really encourage you to take a look at your social media. I’d love to help you with that in any way I can. One way, is obviously through social media images and stock photography. (Grab 10 free images here to get you started.) But, what other ways can I help? What resources would mean the world to you?
Owning a business can threaten to take over your life–fast. I know when I began trying to learn best practices, I got overwhelmed very quickly. What do I do first? How often do I post? What platforms should I be focusing on? Where do I get the hundred of images that I would need to make this happen? How do I come up with caption ideas that compel? And on and on.
Three steps to amping up social media this year
Here are three steps I’d highly recommend.
1. Slow down. Breathe. You don’t have to tackle every platform at 100%. Pick one to focus on. I started with Instagram and focused primarily on that. I spent some time learning IG and a it was a lot of trial and error. If you add one small step each month or even every several months, you’re doing more than before. Don’t look at the influencers with teams of people and years of experience and compare yourself. One step at a time. 🙂
2. Outsource something. Whether it be your image creation, content writing, or both. Curating gorgeous images that will stop people’s scroll takes time. A lot of it. We produce an average of only 40 great images each week. And that’s because it’s our thing. Adding hours of photography to a list of what you’re already doing can take over your life.
I created Hello Stock for this very reason.
We’ve created hundreds of stock photographs that you can use for your own business in a fraction of the time. They are designed to be plugged into your feed easily and give you a consistent beautiful look in almost no time. (We launch in three short weeks!)
I know small businesses don’t have the time and money to invest into custom photography for each post every day. Even if you’re just beginning with Instagram, that’s 30 great images needed each month! When I hear of a business owner that can spend an extra 4-5 hours with their family and friends–that makes it all worth it!
3. Learn to automate what you can. I use an app called Planoly for my Instagram account. There are several good ones out there, but I love Planoly because I am able to plan my Instagram from my desktop computer and not just my phone. I love being able to quickly type captions and move images that I just downloaded with east. I can set up a months worth of images with Planoly and even have the captions ready to go in a fraction of the time.
Meet Edgar for Facebook, Instagram, & more
Tailwind for Instagram and Pinterest
Hootsuite for Facebook, Instagram, & more
*You may encounter affiliate links. Please note, I would never recommend anything that I don’t personally love.
The beauty of our work in commercial and brand photography is that I don’t always get to see my work (...or share it for that matter) until it is released! When working with a corporate client our work begins shortly after the contract signing. From scouting the...
One of my favorite things in the world is a brand new planner. The crisp pages that seem to hold so much possibility. The new cover that hasn’t been bent or stained by coffee (yet!). Even the smell. To me, it carries the same feeling as freshly washed sheets, a new...
Alaina is so much fun and has tons of personality! She was ready to rock her session with an artsy feel. When we met to plan, we decided Akron, near Luigis would be perfect for her style.We began in the studio with makeup (by the incredible Haley Litzinger) and...
Have you ever bought someone a present and you’re sooo excited about it you just can’t wait? So, you start dropping hints completely spill the beans about the gift? Yep. Me too. AND, that’s exactly how I feel today.What We've Been up to Behind...
I’ve known Kaitlin for quite a long time now. My son and her brother are in the same grade and we all spend a lot of time at games together. She has always been a sweetheart. 🙂 I think she’d tell you that having her photos taken did not sound...
Want to see something fun that I'm pretty excited about? When I teach my photography classes, I send the notes and slides via email each week. I've thought for a long time, it would be really nice to give each student a jump drive with all the material on the...
As August gets going and summer winds down, I find myself desperate to hold on for just a little longer. Here are five things we recommend before school begins--to get all we can out of these last few weeks. Visit local eateries, coffee shops, and boutiques. We don’t...
I, probably like many of you, made several goals for 2018. First, I wanted to make my Instagram really shine and it's definitely getting there (follow me here!) so now I am moving down the list and I am dying to jump back into blogging. It's been far too long! I...